Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
The website where I got this recipe lists this as “double chocolate banana bread”, but guess what we did? We doubled the chocolate. Therefore, we quadrupled the chocolate in this recipe. You’re welcome. We made this when we were feeling rather down in the dumps and we are proud to report that the decadent recipe brought us back to life! It just goes to show that chocolate really can cure anything.
double chocolate banana bread recipe instructions
This simple stylish trick turns a classic into a stunner! Plus, there’s double chocolate. What could go wrong?
- 4 medium-to-large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with a nonstick baking spray.
- Mash 3 of the bananas in the bottom of a large bowl. Whisk in melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flour, and cocoa powder into wet ingredients. Stir dry and wet ingredients with a fork until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks or chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Peel the last banana and slice it lengthwise, creating two long halves. Place them flat-side up on top of the batter.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes, covering the pan with tin foil at around 20 minutes to keep the banana from burning. Bake until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out batter-free. Serve warm.