Do It Yourself Centerpieces
7 Ways to Spice Up Your Dinnertime Décor
Setting the table is about the little details as much as color and concept. Sure, using bold and vibrant dinnerware (like in our many casual dinnerware collections) will certainly make an impression. But throwing in a few extra touches can turn a more muted palette into something sophisticated and memorable.
One way to freshen up your look is to incorporate plants into the décor, bringing in an organic element to soften the effect of all of those identical place settings. You can easily grow or scavenge your materials, creating seasonal style based on what you find in your garden. Plants work especially well if you need fall table setting ideas, since they play into the theme of the autumn harvest.
From the small and simple to the crafty, do it yourself centerpieces, it doesn’t take a lot to spruce up your tablescape. Check out some of these inspirational Instagrams we found to help you design the perfect addition to dinnertime.
1. Glass bottle candleholders are a useful centerpiece, as well as efficient—you can make them interesting and decorative by filling the bottles with water and plant clippings. The natural wilderness is confined by glass, resulting in a clean, minimalistic effect.
2. Fold your napkins with a little pocket and tuck a sprig of fresh herbs inside. Useful as well as attractive, it leaves a fragrant scent and strikes the perfect balance of rural and elegant.
when we tell you in the showroom that white on white works…this is exactly what we are talking about ?? photographer: @lexnelsonphoto catering: @fostersclambake #summerwedding #summerinmaine #tentwedding #farmwedding #barnwedding #wedding #weddinginspo #weddingideas #whiteonwhite #greenerywedding #greenery #mainebride #mainewedding #marryinmaine #tablescape #tablesetting
3. This arrangement is recognizably seasonal, with autumn leaves, a pinecone, and a color scheme of red and gold. Leaving the bark on the wooden base gives it a rustic appearance, and its weight is countered by the glass vase for an airy, cheerful centerpiece.
Rustic, simple, autumn themed centerpieces from the lovely Pearson wedding last October ?? Love, love, love! . . . #weddingwednesday #weddingflowers #weddinginspo #centerpiece #fallcenterpiece #masonjarbouquet #fallwedding #octoberwedding #mnwedding #mnflorist #localflorist #theflowergirl #farmerflorist #localflowers #locallygrown #ilovemyjob #mnflowers #mngrown #mn #stillwatermn #mnlove #onlyinmn
4. This candle wreath is an approach to do it yourself fall centerpieces with a very different look. It combines a variety of plants and natural materials, with contrasting depths and textures. Check out Stacey Homemaker’s blog for instructions on how to make your own!
I’ve been looking for a fall-inspired #centerpiece for our dining room table for a few weeks now. I didn’t find anything that really caught my eye so I decided to make it myself! ???? I repurposed a few things that I had in my craft box and picked up a bouquet of faux #sunflowers to make this #rustic candle wreath! Don’t you love the rough texture of the #burlap and the log base mixed with the softness of the bright yellow sunflowers? ?? So pretty! ?????? You can find the easy step by step tutorial on my blog! #LoveAmericanHome #cbias ad
5. When it comes to fall, a little pumpkin goes a long way. This simple arrangement of squash has a homey charm for a comfortable meal.
6. For something a little more low-key, just throw a few elements of fall into an existing centerpiece. You can easily paint your own sign with any seasonal phrase or design, and the straw wreath is an excellent symbol of harvest. It creates an interesting contrast when paired with the potted succulents.
It’s finally feeling like Fall y’all. ?? Please let it stay this way. ???? I have several fall designs that will look FAB with your Thanksgiving decor. This “happy fall y’all” sign is of my favs. All available in my Etsy shop. ?????? . #leavesarechanging #happyfallyall #happyfall #shopetsy #shopsmall #handmade #succulents #fallcenterpiece
7. And speaking of succulents, you can dress up your collection by repotting them in our mini prep bowls. With fun speckles and a variety of colors, they’re exactly what you need to turn any centerpiece into a celebration.