Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
This low carbohydrate, high protein version of a classic dish will leave you feeling satisfied!
To make this recipe, start by cutting some zucchini in half. Use a spoon to scrape the seeds and the middle out of the zucchini, creating zucchini boats. Brown some ground chicken in a skillet. Stir in some garlic and pasta sauce.
Then, spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats.
Cover the zucchini with grated parmesan cheese.
Cover, and bake until the cheese is melted and the zucchini is soft. Serve it up on a MeeMe serving tray.
Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats Recipe Instructions
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 1 hour
This lighter version of a classic dish will leave you feeling satisfied!
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1lb. ground chicken or turkey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup organic pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a spoon. Add the salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally and break down the chicken into small chunks.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the garlic to the chicken. Cook 1 minute stirring often. Add the pasta sauce. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat.
- Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Press the mixture down into the zucchini using the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.