Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Looking for a breakfast that’s fun to eat AND high in protein? Look no further! This pizza breakfast offers 26 grams of protein. This is a great weekend breakfast that the whole family will enjoy. And there’s no better way to start your weekend than with pizza! Zak’s tiered desert serving tray makes it easy for people to serve themselves.I also practiced my multi-tasking with this recipe. I suggest preparing the potatoes separately.Because this requires a lot of work with sharp knives and hot burners it may not be the best recipe to prep with your kids but they will definitely enjoy it when you serve it up!
Beat eggs in small mixing bowl
While potato cooks, saute onion and turkey sausage in the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, breaking up with a fork or spoon until sausage is cooked.
Breakfast Pizza Recipe Instructions
breakfast pizza recipe
- 1 medium red potato
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 small (or 1 large) turkey breakfast sausage links, casing removed
- ? onion finely diced
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- Any additional toppings based on personal preference
- In a small saucepan, cook the diced potato in 2 teaspoons of olive oil and approximately two tablespoons of water.
- Cover for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- While potato cooks, saut?? onion and turkey sausage in the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, breaking up with a fork or spoon until sausage is cooked.
- Add beaten eggs and gently scramble until just cooked.
- Place egg and sausage mixture on pitas.
- Top with potatoes and cheese.
- Toast in a toaster oven or in a regular oven until cheese is melted and pita is hot and slightly toasted. (Optional)