Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Recipe
Eating oats for breakfast starts your off day right by providing long-lasting energy. This particular recipe is gluten-free and contains all-natural ingredients and superfoods that provide plant-based protein, helps stabilize blood sugar levels, and will fill you up with high quality fiber. Serve on a tray, and enjoy!
blueberry oatmeal breakfast bars recipe instructions
Yield: 9 servings
Total Time: 35 minutes
This delicious recipe is the perfect start to your day! These breakfast bars are packed with oats and other nutritious superfoods to provide you with long-lasting energy all day.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with all-natural nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- Mix the banana, brown rice syrup, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the oats, protein powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Mixture will be wet. Transfer the base layer into the pan. Smooth it out and apply pressure evenly. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the topping layer.
- Remove the pan from oven
- Pour topping layer over and spread it out evenly, while applying pressure to the base layer. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow the bars to cool and set for 15-20 minutes before slicing the squares. Store in refrigerator.