Biscoff (Cookie Butter) Popcorn Recipe
Popcorn is my favorite food. I love the versatility of popcorn. Give it a good helping of butter and salt and you’ve found my favorite way to enjoy it, but the possibilities are endless. I’ve done cool ranch popcorn and a minty popcorn, and many more. The ideas still in my head could fill sheets and sheets of paper though. In addition to its versatility, popcorn is always pretty easy to make, no matter how you’re dressing it up. This recipe only takes about 10 minutes of hands-on work, and most other popcorn recipes are similar in that aspect.
Another great thing about popcorn is that you can make it as healthy or as unhealthy…I mean decadent as you would like. This particular popcorn recipe is more on the decadent side, but would make a fun dessert at a picnic or a kid’s birthday party.
This recipe highlights the flavor of Biscoff spread. Are you familiar with it? It’s similar to peanut butter in texture and consistency except it is nut-free. It’s basically Biscoff cookies ground up into a spread. Sounds weird but it is delightfully flavorful and extremely addicting. At my house, it has found its way into granola, no bake cookies, and blondies.
It’s a really fun ingredient to play around with to create a vast array of desserts and treats.I brought this popcorn even further into Biscoff-land by adding crushed up cookies after I poured on a mixture of white chocolate and Biscoff spread. They add a great crunch and fun texture to this popcorn. Your whole family will be begging for more of this popcorn when it is gone.
Biscoff (Cookie Butter) Popcorn Recipe Instructions
biscoff (cookie butter) popcorn recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 cups
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (I use mushroom kernels)
- 16 ounces White Chocolate Candy Coating
- 1/2 cup Biscoff or Cookie Butter Spread
- 16 Biscoff cookies (half of an 8.8 ounce package), crushed
- Using an air popper, pop popcorn into a very large bowl. Remove any unpopped kernels from popped popcorn.
- Melt white chocolate candy coating as directed on the package. Once melted, stir in Biscoff spread. Mix until well combined. Pour over popped popcorn and stir to coat all the popcorn. Once mostly coated, pour in crushed cookies and continue stirring until everything is coated in white chocolate. Spread out onto a large sheet pan to cool. Once white chocolate has set back up, serve in Zak’s colorful Bamboo Dinnerware or store in an airtight container.
This post was contributed by Rachel Cooks
Rachel Cooks is all about fun and easy recipes. And popcorn. Find it all at www.rachelcooks.com.