BBQ Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
Turn last night’s pot roast into a delicious and hearty leftover supper that everyone will love…and they probably won’t even realize that it’s leftovers.
My favorite way to serve leftover pot roast is as a BBQ topping for stuffed potatoes. Repurposing leftovers into a completely new dish is one of my favorite things to do and these BBQ stuffed potatoes are always a family favorite
If you don’t have leftover roast, there are premade BBQ beef products at the grocery store in sliced meat case. I’m sure it would work great too.
Keeping easy recipes, like this, on your menu will help to get a warm meal on the table on busy weeknights.
BBQ Stuffed Potato Recipe Instructions
BBQ Stuffed Potato Recipe
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 cups leftover roast, shredded
- 1 small jar BBQ sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Additional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions
- Cook potatoes in microwave until soft (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan add shredded roast and BBQ sauce and cook together over medium high heat. If it’s too thick, add a little water to the pan. Cook until hot and bubbly.
- Split open potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of butter, ½ cup of BBQ roast, and then top as desired with cheese, sour cream, and onions.
This post was contributed by Around My Family Table
Wendy from Around My Family Table (http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com ) is a Stay-at-Home mom to two kids and married to her high school sweetheart! Find great recipes for the whole family on AMFT.