Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
Our mantra is, “bacon makes everything better” , and this bacon-wrapped green bean recipe is no exception! This is our go-to recipe for an easy appetizer that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser (Superbowl, anyone?). The best part - the bundle of green beans makes this indulgence seem semi-nutritious!
First, grill up some bacon on the stovetop until only slightly cooked, and reserve any drippings. Wash and trim fresh green beans, and blanch them. Add a pinch of baking soda to the boiling water to keep the beans a bright green color rather than a drab boiled green that cooking can produce. After all, presentation is everything!
Chop some fresh garlic, and toss with the green beans in a large bowl, along with the reserve bacon drippings.
Next, wrap a small handful of green beans in the cooked bacon halves, and secure the bundle with a toothpick. Then, brush with a simple brown sugar glaze, which adds a hint of sweetness and helps the bacon green bean bundles caramelize while cooking.
Roast until bacon is crisp and beans are lightly roasted. For a touch of elegance, serve on a tray at your next party.
bacon wrapped green bean bundles recipe instructions
Yield: 20 servings
Total Time: 35 minutes
Introducing, your go-to recipe for a simple and tasty party appetizer
- 2 lbs green beans
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 slices bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon on the stovetop until slightly cooked (You don’t want it crispy). Reserve any drippings.
- Trim and wash green beans. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add baking soda. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes until tender crisp. Remove from boiling water and place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Dry excess water from beans and toss with reserved bacon drippings (about 2 teaspoons), garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap around about 5-7 green beans, secure with a toothpick and place on a baking tray.
- Combine brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and lightly brush over each bundle.
- Roast (one baking tray at a time) approximately 20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and beans are lightly roasted.