Autumn M&M Bark Recipe
Fall is in the air and I couldn’t be happier about it. Don’t get me wrong, I love everything about summer and sunshine and beaches, but fall is by far my favorite season. I love the smell of falling leaves and the crisp cool feeling in the air. I love going to an apple orchard and smelling (and tasting!) the fresh cider and donuts. I love a warm sweater and a fuzzy scarf wrapped around my neck. I love the oranges, yellows and red that fall brings.
Brightly colored Zak Dessert Trays compliment this recipe. This fun autumn M&M bark is great because it screams fall but isn’t the standard pumpkin or apple flavors that fall is typically associated with. I happen to love pumpkin and apple but we shouldn’t neglect chocolate. We should never neglect chocolate. I found these great M&Ms at my grocery store and knew they were destined for bark. Bark is so easy to make and is fun and colorful. Great for kids, gifts, or parties.
All you do is melt chocolate, spread it in a thin layer, sprinkle with the toppings and cool until it is solid. Once it is solid, you break it into pieces and serve or store. Easy, fun, colorful. It is great to customize, too. If you’re reading this and it happens to not be fall, you could easily turn this into Valentine’s Day bark or even make it for a special baby or bridal shower by buying different colors of M&Ms. Or any other candy that you enjoy!
Autumn M&M Bark Recipe Instructions
autumn m&m bark recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Yield: 11 x 16 sheet tray
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Autumn colored M&Ms
- orange decorator’s sugar (optional)
- Line an 11x16 sheet tray with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- In two bowls, melt the semisweet and white chocolate chips separately. I did this in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between. Make sure not to overheat them in the microwave. They will be not quite melted but will melt as you stir.
- Once you have both types of chocolate melted, pour out the semisweet chocolate and smooth out with a knife or an offset spatula. Drizzle the white chocolate over the semisweet. Sprinkle M&Ms evenly over melted chocolate and top with colored sugar, if desired.
- Tap pan lightly on countertop to even the layers and release any air bubbles. Cool at room temp for at least 4 hours until hardened before breaking into pieces. You may also put it in the fridge to speed up the process. Store in an airtight container.
This post was contributed by Rachel Cooks
Rachel Cooks is all about fun and easy recipes. And popcorn. Find it all at www.rachelcooks.com.