Acai Bowl Recipe
You’re missing out if you haven’t discovered this refreshing breakfast trend yet! Acai bowl shops are popping up everywhere, but will usually cost you a pretty penny. Our recipe requires only 3 ingredients, so making your own at home on a budget is a breeze!
For the acai smoothie mix, we used frozen unsweetened acai blend packets, located in the organic aisle in our local supermarket. The 100g packets are the perfect amount to make one serving. A frozen banana adds natural sweetness. For the third and final ingredient, we used almond milk for a dairy free recipe, but any milk or yogurt will make it super creamy and delicious.
In a high-powered blender, combine the three ingredients and blend until you have a thick and creamy acai blend! Pour it into a bowl - our divided bowl is ideal, since this bowl is able to keep the frozen acai blend separate from your toppings of choice.
Speaking of toppings - top with anything you’d like! We love berries, granola, coconut shavings, and fresh banana slices. This breakfast will leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied.
acai bowl recipe instructions
Yield: 1 serving
Total Time: 5 minutes
This classic acai bowl recipe has only three ingredients! Simple, and delicious!
- 1 (100g) packet frozen acai berry blend (we prefer the unsweetened version from Sambazon
- 1 banana frozen
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk or yogurt
- Fresh berries/coconut/granola/bananas, to top
- In a high-powered blender, combine the acai berry packet, frozen banana, and ¼ cup Silk Dairy Free. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with berries, coconut, granola, and/or sliced bananas.