7 Easy Tips for Back to School Meal Planning
With back to school season in full swing, it’s time to start thinking about ways you can get healthy meals on the table in minutes.
7 Easy Tips for Meal Planning
- Create a Rotating Meal Plan: Start with a list of family favorites, and fill in the blanks. Use my free meal planning template to create weeks of meals!
- Prep on the Weekend: Instead of cooking a fresh meal every night, prep meals on the weekend for the whole week. See OnceaMonthMom for ideas.
- Repurpose Meals: Cook meals that can be repurposed as leftovers like roasting a chicken. Instead of one meal you’ll have chicken, shredded chicken tacos, and chicken soup.
- Have Kids Help: Kids as young as 3 can start learning the basics of prepping a meal and setting a table, and older kids can do it all!
- Keep it Simple: Simple, easy and affordable. Oatmeal is a healthy option that everyone can add their favorite toppings to. Leftovers are great for lunch. Sandwiches, pasta, and breakfast for dinner make easy dinners.
- Clean out the Fridge: Before you grocery shop make a meal of all the stuff in the fridge that needs to get used up. It’s a fun way to have less waste.
- Have a Two Bite Rule: Encourage kids to eat a variety of foods by having a two bite rule. That way you know they won’t starve, and they will learn to try new foods.
What advice do you have for making meal planning easy?
This post was contributed by The Centsible Life
The Centsible Life a blog dedicated to helping families live well on less. A mom of 4, Kelly splits her time between the laundry room and her laptop.