Most of the menu at this Garden party was savory, so I created one easy? dessert. Really it’s a muffin and not a cupcake. You won’t believe that these muffins only have three ingredients – one of which is a can of pumpkin. Yep, a can of pumpkin!? The fiber from the pumpkin is so much healthier than the oil or butter that is normally called for in a cake. All you need is a box mix, can of pumpkin, and some extra chocolate chips to make these 3 Ingredient Chocolate Muffins.
Throw your next garden party with Zak’s Garden Series Serving Collection
Get the look by using the Leaf Tiered Dessert Stand in Flora. If you don’t have enough homemade treats, then fill the tray with bunches of grapes and some mini cinnamon rolls from the grocery store.
Using a mini cupcake pan kept these tasty treats with the mini theme of the party and besides they are super cute this way. All anyone really needs is just a bite of sweet anyway. I promise there is no pumpkin-y taste to these muffins. They are thick and dense and full of chocolate flavor. Honestly, all I could really handle was a mini muffin, but making them full size and slathering them with some butter would be so good. Other Garden Party Recipes in this Series:
Easy Chocolate Muffins Recipe Instructions
easy chocolate muffins recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or use liners sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin and stir until well combined. Batter will be very thick and will appear that it will not combine, but keep mixing and it will come together. Add chocolate chips and gently mix to incorporate them.
- Fill muffin tins about ? full. Bake for 16-20 minutes for regular sized muffins (or 12-14 minutes for mini muffins) or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several weeks. Dust tops with powdered sugar before serving.