No matter how much we try, we just can’t seem to “let it go” we are still head over heels for Frozen! To satiate our overwhelming demand for all things Frozen all of the time, we decided to try out this Rice Krispie recipe. Of course, we loved it!
Disney’s Frozen Themed Rice Krispy Treats Recipe Instructions
disney’s frozen themed rice krispie treats recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Blue food coloring
- For this recipe, we only used one family-sized box of Rice Krispie cereal.
- Begin to prepare the Rice Krispie Treats as the box instructs.
- To create the ombre effect, you are going to split up the cereal into four separate batches.
- For the top layer, combine the butter and marshmallow mixture as directed on the box. Press the mixture onto a cookie sheet until evenly dispersed. Our layers were about 1/2 inch thick.
- For the remaining layers, add the blue food coloring to the butter and marshmallow mixture and add this lighter shade of blue to your second Rice Krispie batch. Press this light blue mixture onto a second cookie sheet.
- Add more food coloring to the already light blue butter and marshmallow mixture and add this darker blue mixture to the third batch of Rice Krispies. Press this mixture onto a third cookie sheet until even dispersed.
- For the fourth and final layer, add more food coloring to the butter and marshmallow mixture, making it the darkest shade of blue yet. Combine with your final Rice Krispie batch and press onto a fourth cookie sheet.
- Now start stacking the colored sheets of Rice Krispie treats with the white sheet on the bottom.
- Once they are all layered, flip the treats over so that the white layer is on the top. We did this so that the top layer would be smooth and even.
- You can start cutting the sheet into snack-sized treats.
- This treat is perfect for birthdays or any other special occasion to bring a little bit of Disney magic into your day!