These puffs aren’t like the pastry puffs you’re used to. By baking them for only half the time that they’re technically supposed to bake for, they won’t rise as a true “puff pastry”. But what they will do is be a yummy doughy blob of goodness dipped in chocolate. So, we’re on board. Aren’t you? Serve with strawberries and coffee for the perfect sweet morning treat. Yum!
chocolate puff pastry recipe instructions
If you need to whip up a delicious snack in a jiffy, this quick and easy party favorite is our recommendation!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Strawberries for topping
- In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and stir until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip (we used a Ziploc bag and cut a hole in a corner).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch mounds.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take out and let cool.
- Microwave the chocolate at 30-second intervals until smooth. Mix in coconut oil if using.
- Dip the top of each filled puff into the chocolate.
- Voila! Enjoy with coffee or tea.