Deviled eggs are not normally thought of as a kid favorite. They are the kind of things you might see at a potluck or an adult party. My kids are big fans of eggs, so I decided to make some deviled eggs that would appeal to them and brighten up any Spring party. These are so adorable and simple to make, you might never make ordinary deviled eggs again.
To make these eggs you start with three basic ingredients: eggs, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Then you add some fun toppings to create a happy bunny!
After you hard boil your eggs, cut them in half, remove the yolks and mash them with the mayonnaise and mustard. I used coarse Dijon mustard because I prefer it to plain, but plain would work well especially if you want a smoother egg filling like on traditional deviled eggs.
Spoon the mixture back into the egg white halves.
Now it’s time to decorate with almond slices and veggies. This would be a fun activity for kids. You can provide the toppings on a plate and let them decorate their own bunnies.
Bunny Deviled Eggs Recipe Instructions
bunny deviled eggs recipe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 bunny eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Cut up green and red peppers (a few slices)
- Shredded carrots
- 24 pieces Sliced almonds
- Hard boil eggs.
- When eggs are cooled, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks into a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to the bowl and mash together with the yolks.
- Spoon mixture into egg white halves.
- Cut small squares from a green pepper slice. Use two per egg for the eyes. Cut small squares out of a red pepper slice and use one per egg for the nose.
- Cut out a small slice of red pepper and form into a smile. Place one on each egg.
- Use four slices of shredded carrot to form whiskers on each egg.
- Push two sliced almonds onto the top of the yolk on each egg.