Summer’s over where I live and fall is in full swing but I’m still seeing the last of some summer fruit at the grocery store and I’m taking full advantage. Here, I got a little fancy with peaches…if we can call this fancy. I think we can.
These really don’t take much time or effort and the outcome is really something different and healthy. These make a great nutritious snack or a fun dessert that’s quick and simple enough to make for a crowd.
Just start by broiling the peaches, then dollop a little yogurt on top. Next drizzle with a little honey and finish with a sprinkle of pistachios. Broil, dollop, drizzle, sprinkle. That’s it. Got it?
The salty/sweet combo is happening here and it’s fantastic, as always. I don’t really need to talk that up, do I? Just know that you shouldn’t skip the salted pistachios here, they totally make the dish. And now you should too. Enjoy!
Broiled Peaches with Yogurt and Pistachios
These make a great nutritious snack or a fun dessert that’s quick and simple enough to make for a crowd.
- 5 Peaches
- 1/4 cup salted, shelled pistachios, chopped (about 50 in shell)
- 16 ounces plain greek yogurt (use what you like)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Wash, dry and cut peaches in half. Remove the pit.
- Place on broiling pan cut side up. Broil on high for about 6 minutes. Watch closely. The tops should become slightly browned and caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Place on serving dish. Dollop each peach with yogurt, drizzle with a little honey and finish with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios.